- An official Application for Enrolment form should be completed and lodged with the College by the due date.
- Year 7 2018 the due date is 17 February 2017
- Year 7 2019 the due date is 25 August 2017
A copy of the Baptism Certificate should be provided with applications from Catholics. A $50 (non-refundable) Enrolment Fee is required for all Year 7 Enrolment Applications.
- An Application for Enrolment form from families residing within Designated Priority Parishes must be signed by the applicant’s Parish Priest.
- All Applications for Enrolment are processed according to the criteria determined by the College Board.
- All applicants will be sent a letter informing them of the outcome of their application.
- If an Application for Enrolment is not successful, this application may be placed on a Waiting List. As soon as a vacancy becomes available parents will be advised.
Learning Assessment Session
All students offered places are required to attend a Learning Assessment Session in July. Results will be distributed to parents at an Orientation meeting in early November.
All Catholic boys and girls who reside within the Priority Enrolment Parishes and have satisfactorily completed Year 6 are eligible for enrolment. Catholic boys and girls who live outside of these Priority Enrolment Parishes are encouraged to apply and are generally accepted, providing vacancies exist. The enrolment guidelines of the Catholic Education Office of Melbourne, requires that such students need to provide a brief statement outlining the reasons for seeking enrolment at Emmaus College. Working within the enrolment guidelines of the Catholic Education Office, efforts are made to accommodate the children of ex-students of Emmaus College, St. Thomas More College and Chavoin College. Every effort is made to accommodate families moving into the area. Students from the Orthodox faiths, other Christian and religious traditions may be accepted if vacancies exist and as allowed by the Enrolment Policy of the Emmaus College Board.
- Enrolment is conditional upon the Principal being satisfied that the applicant has met the College requirements for admission.
- If enrolment cannot be offered at the time of Application, an applicant’s name will be placed on a waiting list for the appropriate enrolment category on request. When a vacancy becomes available the applicant at the top of the list will be advised immediately.
- A condition of entry to the College is that parent(s)/guardian(s) agree to abide by the regulations and policies of the College. Parent(s)/guardian(s) are required to actively support both the philosophy of the College and the requirements of the College. This applies especially to the Religious Education program.
- The Principal reserves the right to dismiss or suspend any student from the College according to the provisions of the College ‘Working Together’ Policy.
- Fees, levies and charges (as set out in the current Schedule of Fees/Charges) are subject to alteration by the College.
- To indicate a firm acceptance of offer, an enrolment fee of $800 per student is required by the due date shown in the letter of offer. This fee will be deducted from the following year’s fees. An amount of $450 is retained if a student withdraws after acceptance.
- The College requires fees to be paid either in cash upfront or via a direct debit instalment plan which must be completed before the commencement of the current school year.
- No student will be permitted to enter a new Term at the College while any part of the tuition fees and other levies/ charges are unpaid. Exemptions to this requirement may be negotiated confidentially with the College Principal.
- A pro-rata charge is made for students entering the College for the first time after a Term has commenced.
- Five weeks notice must be given in writing to the Principal of intention to withdraw a student from the College at the end of the school year. Parents may use the process used for this purpose to signal such intention. At least two weeks notice must be given in writing to the Principal of intention to withdraw a student from the College during the school year. A pro rata refund of fees will only be granted if the required notice is given.
- Before the College provides Reports, Certificates, Student References and other termination documents, all outstanding accounts must be paid in full or an arrangement entered into.